Additional Dairy Farm For Sale Information
Eastern Washington Dairy Available for Sale
• Dairy is located 2 miles southeast of Grandview, Washington, in the Yakima Valley. The Yakima Valley has over 300 days of annual sunshine and an arid climate receiving only 7-9 inches of annual precipitation making it an ideal location for dairy production. Numerous row crops are raised in the area providing an ample supply of reasonably cost feed.
• Milk is delivered to Darigold Inc./Northwest Dairy Association who process and market milk produced by the Dairy. Darigold Inc./Northwest Dairy Association is a dairy cooperative owned by over 500 dairy farm members in the Pacific Northwest. Darigold Inc./Northwest Dairy Association is one of the largest dairy cooperatives in the United States with annual sales exceeding $2.0 billion. To be a cooperative member of Darigold Inc./Northwest Dairy Association a producer must have milk base. Sale of the Dairy real estate will include 40,596 pounds of Darigold Inc./Northwest Dairy Association milk base.
• Sale includes the real estate with existing irrigation system, all milking and milk handling equipment. In addition to selling the dairy facility, the livestock and dairy/farm equipment are also for sale. A purchaser of the facility should consider buying the livestock since they are acclimated to the area and the facility. A purchaser of the facility would not experience the increased cull rate, lower production, and hauling costs associated with relocating mature dairy cattle.
If the livestock are sold separately from the real estate; the livestock will be sold without milk base.
• Sale includes ±46.72 deeded acres. The property is zoned Agricultural which allows all types of production agriculture. The 2016 real estate taxes were $6,839.51.
• The dairy facility consists of ±19.72 acres leaving ±27.00 acres of irrigated pasture. The irrigation system consists of an electric pump, PVC buried mainlines, and three short wheelines. The irrigation system is designed so that nutrient waste water can be applied to the irrigated pasture portion of the Property. All irrigation equipment presently on the property is included in sale.
• Irrigation water is provided by the Sunnyside Valley Irrigation District (SVID). SVID is part of the United States Bureau of Reclamation’s Yakima Valley Irrigation Project. SVID has a senior water right (non-prorated in short water years) under the Yakima Valley Irrigation Project. According to SVID the Property has 49.11 irrigable acres and its 2016 assessment was $5,080.32.
The Property has numerous Building Improvements Including:
• Two livestock/domestic wells situated on the Property which are shared with two neighbors. Stock water use in the State of Washington is an exempt use of water and does not require a Permit/Certificate.
• Milk house and parlor. The parlor is a Double 10 Herringbone with single file exit. Dairy equipment in the parlor and milk house includes Automatic Take Offs, Variable Speed Vacuum Pump, Air Compressor, Mueller 2,500 gallon milk tank, Dari-Kool 6,000 gallon milk tank, Plate Cooler, Propane Water Heater, and various other attached milking, milk cooling, and milk storage equipment. The roof of the parlor has solar water heating panels.
• Holding pen with crowd gate, 40’ X 50’.
• Maternity area with three 12’ X 12’ individual pens.
• Seven cow pens with 510 total mature lockups plus a hospital pen. Most of the pens have 12’ concrete alley ways with backsplashes and metal back fences. There are 2 older open livestock sheds and a new larger shade has recently been constructed which will provide protection for two livestock pens.
• Numerous young stock pens with 280 lockups and mangers. The young stock area has two larger open sheds and two smaller open sheds. The largest young stock shed is 40’ X 100’. The next largest shed is 40’ X 50’. The young stock area also has a building that houses a milk pasteurizer and calf bottle cleaning equipment.
• Six Bay Commodity Barn; 12’ X 36’ bays. Apron in front of Commodity Barn is 50’ X 72’ black topped.
• Bunker silo 90’ X 150’. Construction is asphalt floor with ecology block walls; 4 blocks high.
• Insulated farm shop 20’ X 24’, with concrete floor and large overhead door.
• Main dwelling, ±3,256 square foot with a full basement. The dwelling has 4 bedrooms, 3 full baths, fireplace, and central air heating and cooling, and an in ground swimming pool.
• Unattached two car garage.
• Dairy has an approved Nutrient Management Plan for 500 milking cows, 50 dry cows, 250 heifers, and 90 hutch calves. The Dairy has 2.5 million gallons of nutrient waste water storage. Waste management system consists of settling basins, a large lagoon, and a manure separator. Most solids are hauled off site and utilized by a neighboring hop farmer. The Dairy has had no violations and works to maintain a good relationship with their neighbors.
• Cows and young stock are available for sale. The livestock are Jersey and Jersey X’s. Current production is ±70 pounds per wet cow per day on 2X milking with low SCC. Cows are fed an economical ration and not pushed for high production but allowed to produce based on their genetic potential. Livestock sales price will be negotiated with Buyer based on the number and market value as of the date of sale closing.
Sales Price is $1,250,000. Sale includes all real estate as described, 40,596 pounds of Darigold Inc./Northwest Dairy Association milk base, water rights, all attached and unattached irrigation equipment; all attached dairy milking, cooling, and storage equipment. Sale does not include feed on hand, growing crops, receivables, inventories, supplies, etc.
Contact : Ag Com Real Estate, LLC
Eric Weinheimer, Designated Broker
(509) 845-4389 Washington Dairy Farm For Sale. Grandview Washington Dairy Farm For Sale. Dairy Farm for sale in Grandview Washington.