Additional Dairy Farm For Sale Information
THIS DAIRY SOLD AT AUCTION 2/22/2010 WITH 170 ACRES FOR $526,000.
Location: 12660 220th Street - Bloomfield, Iowa
(near West Grove, Iowa)
Both auctions held at the farm - From Bloomfield, IA:
Take Hwy. 2 west approximately 8 1/2 miles to Driftwood Blvd. (1/2 mile west of West Grove, IA), then right or north 1 mile to 220th Street, then left or west 1 mile
Monday, February 22, 2010 at 12:00 Sale Date
Please join us for an Open House on: Saturday, February 13th from 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
This state-of-the-art dairy facility is situated on approximately 715 acres of Davis County, IA farmland which will be sold in 10 Tracts. Tract #1 contains 176 acres and is improved with the dairy facility and a very nice 5 bedroom country home. The White Bros. kept on hand approximately 600 holstein dairy cattle at all times and milked nearly 300 head at all times! Buildings include: 160' x 92' curtain barn; (2) 48' x 64' tunnel vent barns; Virginia style calf barn; (2) bred heifer vent barns; dry cow vent barn; double 5 surge westphalia herringbone milking parlor w/3,000 gal. Mueller tank; fresh cow facility with head gates & chutes; open heifer barn with 90 stalls; (3) Harvestores; (2) silos; nice office & employee lounge area; other buildings pertaining to the dairy; 42' x 120' large machine shed; 42' x 54' heated shop; very nice 5 bedroom home; commodity feed building; grain bins, etc.! Tracts 2 - 9 offer productive tillable farmland (with the exception of Tract 3 which is mature harvestable timber). Tract 10 is a country residence with outbuildings. Rathbun rural water runs along the entire north & south sides of 220th Street.
The Whites began milking in 1952 and had one of the top dairy herds in the entire midwest! We encourage you to contact Myron or Dale with any questions you might have (they are both very helpful, knowledgeable and honest!). There is a link on our website with the history of White Bros. Dairy.
Tract 1 - 176 Acres ± Subject to final survey
- Improvements include the entire dairy facility, as well as a machine shed, shop, 5 bedroom country home, etc. There is "ABSOLUTELY" no way to describe this facility in detail in the amount of space available in this advertisement, we strongly encourage any interested parties to contact Myron or Dale for.
- FSAâ€ˆfigures should indicate approximately 72.5 acres of tillable farmland with the balance being in mature timber (quantity of harvestable hardwoods) and the dairy headquarters.
- Predominant soil types include Nodaway-Lawson-Ackmore; Lindley-Armstrong; Vesser; Gara; Nodaway-Amana, etc.
- Rathbun rural water and (2) deep wells which are located on Tract 2.
- Tract 1 lies on both sides of 220th Street.
- This tract sells complete with a PTO generator capable of running the entire dairy!
Tract 2 - 40 Acres ± Subject to final survey
- FSAâ€ˆfigures indicate approximately 32.34 acres of tillable farmland.
- The balance is in draws.
- Productive soil types include Olmitz-Vesser-Zook; Vesser; Nodaway-Lawson-Ackmore; and a small percentage of Armstrong; Galland; Gara; Zook. CSRs on the entire tract are 55.1.
- There are (2) deep wells on this tract which supply water to Tract 1.
Tract 3 - 54 Acres ± Subject to final survey
- This tract is nearly all wooded with a considerable amount of harvestable timber. The trees have been carefully pruned and monitored through the RC&D Pathfinder Forestry program and has approx. $30,000.00 worth of mature harvestable trees!
- There is 14.09 acres of tillable farmland on this tract...ideal for food plots, etc.
- Be sure to take a long look at this tract with a considerable amount of valuable timber and the best hunting/recreational tract in southeast Iowa.
Tract 4 - 54 Acres ± Subject to final survey
- FSA figures indicate 50.12 acres of tillable farmland.
- Soil types to include Armstrong; Kniffin; Gara & approximately 14 acres of Bucknell, Armstrong & Rinda.
Tract 5 - 50 Acres ± Subject to final survey
- FSA figures indicate approximately 51.44 acres of tillable farmland (tillable portion in Alfalfa hay ground).
- Balance in wooded draws.
- Soil types: Armstrong; Gara; Olmitz-Vesser-Zook.
- Access and Rathbun rural water along the entire north side.
Tract 6 - 166 Acres ± Subject to final survey
- FSA figures indicate approximately 120 acres of tillable farmland.
- The balance is in mature harvestable timber.
- Soil types include: Nodaway-Amana; Zook; Vesser; Armstrong; Gara; Olmitz-Vesser-Zook; and a few other small percentage of soils.
- The tillable acres were recently in soybeans which yielded 65+ bushel per acre and the balance in Alfalfa hay.
Tract 7 - 21 Acres ± Subject to final survey
- FSA figures indicate approximately 14 acres of NHEL tillable farmland.
- Productive soil types: Vesser; Nodaway-Amana; and 1 1/2 acres of Okaw for a CSR of approximately 70. Iowa Dairy Farm For Sale. Bloomfield Iowa Dairy Farm For Sale. Dairy Farm for sale in Bloomfield Iowa.